Q: Who Are The Courses For?
The Informed & Empowered Programme is for schools and contains education modules for students Years 1 through to 13 with full facilitation guides and student handouts. It also provides a module that can be used for schools to educate their parent and caregiver communities.
The Big Reconnect is for parents, grandparents and caregivers of pre-schoolers right through to eighteen.
Q: The Informed & Empowered Programme - What Are Some Things My Students Will Learn?
At the end of each module, your students will be able to
- understand the concept of personal safety and wellbeing;
- engage critical thinking relative to their age;
- identify the potential harms in the online world relating to each topic;
- understand and implement the necessary actions to take if they find themselves in a potentially harmful situations; and
- create their own personalised online safety plan.
Q: The Big Reconnect - What Are Some Things I Will Learn?
By the end of our course, you will be able to
- better understand the online world our kids are living in;
- understand how to identify the vulnerabilities of your own children in the online space;
- educate your children on online safety;
- help increase your children's emotional resilience;
- set healthy boundaries with you regard to your children's device use;
- deal with exposures in a healthy and helpful way;
- approach other adults and caregivers to increase safety on playdates and sleepovers;
- source practical solutions such as suitable filters and monitoring apps; and
- create a personalised online safety plan for your own family
Q: How Long Will It Take To Complete Each Module?
Whether you are a school, parent or caregiver our courses have been designed in way to allow completion of in a way that suits your circumstances.
Q: How Long Will I Have Access To The Courses For?
After enrolling, you have unlimited access for 12 months, with an option to renew for a further 12 months an unlimited number of times.
Q: Are These Courses Accredited?
At this time, our courses are not accredited. In the meantime they may be used by school staff for non-accredited CPD hours.